Operational Resilience and Cyber Risk: Is Fresh Thinking Needed?
- Time: 6.00pm
- Date: Wednesday 24 July 2019
- Location: America Square Conference Centre, One America Square, 17 Crosswall, EC3N 2LB
We are delighted to be partnering with the ORIC International and PRMIA. ORIC International is the leading operational risk consortium for the (re)insurance and asset management sector globally. PRMIA is a member-led association, dedicated to defining and implementing the best practices of risk management .
6.00 - 6.45 - Networking, Drinks
6.45 - 7.45 - Panel Discussion with Live Q&A
7.45 - 9.30 - Networking, Food and Drinks
Panel of Speakers:
- Adrian McCarthy - Senior Advisor at Broadgate Search (Chair)
- Andrew Sheen - Director at AJ Consulting Limited
- Sam Lee - Senior Executive Director, Risk Management Department, SMBC EMEA and Head of Operational Risk, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation Europe Limited
- Elke Bachler - Chief Information Security Officer at Hiscox
- Nick Strange - Co-Director of the Supervisory Risk Specialists Directorate at the Prudential Regulation Authority in the Bank of England
Adrian’s career has included roles as Group Customer Development Director at Lloyds Banking Group, Litigation Partner at Dentons solicitors, IT & Operations Director in the Lloyd’s of London Insurance Market, and as a Fintech Supervisor at the Dubai Financial Services Authority, specialising in the policy design, implementation, delivery and operation of its Regulatory Sandbox.
Elke joined Hiscox at their global CISO in January 2018. She has over 20 years experience in Information Security and IT in both the private and the public sector. She has worked with organisations of all sizes and diverse industries in a variety of roles such as systems development and integration, product design, data migration and programme management Her most recent role was as Deputy Director on the information security function at Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs. Elke’s focus since joining Hiscox has been on driving the transformation of organisation’s information security maturity and establishing a diverse and resilient information security function.
Nick Strange is Co-Director of the Supervisory Risk Specialists Directorate at the Prudential Regulation Authority in the Bank of England. Previously Head of the Credit Risk and then the Operational Risk and Resilience Divisions in SRS, Nick has now been at the regulator for 14 years. Prior to joining the FSA (the predecessor to the PRA), Nick was a Director in KPMG’s Financial Risk practice. Nick leads on the Bank’s strategic priority to build greater operational resilience in the financial system.
All proceeds will be going to the amazing charity Marie Curie, to help care and support through terminal illness.
Tuesday, 11 February 2020